Monday, February 21, 2011

Spanning The Globe

If you've been following this blog, you may have noticed an expansion in the type of coverage I've been giving the stock market in the past two months. Recently, I've included articles on individual securities, done book reviews and discussed investing apps for Smartphones along with my usual market coverage. This is being done for a few of reasons. Last year I published infrequently during the Summer and Fall because I thought I was being too repetitive with my market commentary and lost some traffic to the Web site. I can only go so far writing about the two ETFs in the portfolio and my belief that we are headed for a double dip if not go lower once QE2 runs its course. I enjoy writing about investing, so I'm rolling up my sleeves and will not necessarily crank out postings, but will make an attempt to do do something on a weekly basis to keep readers interested.

The catalyst for this decision was my acceptance as a contributor to the Seeking Alpha financial Web site in early January. I've been simultaneously posting this blog on their Web site since October of 2009 and wanted to see if I could crack into their network for a much larger readership. The first week of this year I submitted them an article about Apple which they found acceptable for their audience and I am indebted to them for including me as a contributor. Seeking Alpha has over 600,000 registered users that have a passion for security and market analysis and let's face it, as a writer, you want to be read. It's helped business here on Google Blogger and I'm back to getting a number of hits from the United States as well as overseas. For your convenience, you can also access The Ithaca Experiment on Facebook, too, if that is your preference. Any stocks you want covered, just send me an e-mail with your suggestion. I'll see what I can do. Thank you for your time and readership.